Five Tips for a Successful Water Damage Restoration Project
Experiencing damage to a home or business can be stressful. Here are a few tips we’ve learned over the years that help us enhance the experience we provide to our customers dealing with water damage issues.
- Time is of the essence – It is really important to start mitigating water damage right away because mold can start colonizing within 24 hours. The owner is responsible to mitigate the damages right away before any further damages occur to the structure.
- Maximizing your equipment – Using your equipment effectively will stabilize the loss and minimize the time it takes to dry down the loss. There is a scientific method to water damage and this method should always be used when mitigating.
- Complete availability – Always ask your customer if you can install a lock box so they don’t have to miss work. Ensure them that your employees are licensed, bonded, drug tested and background checked. This makes a difficult situation much easier for them to handle on a day to day basis.
- Hire a “GREAT” Attitude – We hire for a great attitude and train the rest. It takes a special employee to deal with customers who are in the middle of a disaster. If the employee has a great attitude than you can train them to do almost anything!
- Photos – You can never have too many photos of the loss, trust me!
Deborah Lamberton is the general manager for New Life Restoration, a 24/7 disaster cleanup company that offers fire & smoke, water & storm damage, mold remediation and more.
Check out some great jobsite demolition tips here.