Being able to tie a taut line is an essential skill for any mason. Here’s how to tie a taught line with a temporary knot in just a few easy steps:
- Take two fingers and twirl the line around them three-to-four times.
- Then, take the loop that you’ve created and hook it onto the screw or nail in your board.
- Grab the spool while pulling, to make the line taut.
- Pull the spool across and hang it from the nail.
- To release, pull the spool back over and give it a tug.
To view this technique in action, watch the video below:
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by The Construction Pro Tips editors, who aim to highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We welcome your feedback.