Being able to tie a taut line is an essential skill for any mason. Here’s how to tie a temporary knot in a taught line in just a few easy steps:
- Take two fingers and twirl the line around them three-to-four times.
- Then, take the loop that you’ve created and hook it onto the screw or nail in your board.
- Grab the spool while pulling, to make the line taut.
- Pull the spool across and hang it from the nail.
- To release, pull the spool back over and give it a tug.
To view this technique in action, watch the video below:
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.