Sponsored Content / Square D’s Qwik Grip system makes installing their load center much, much faster.
The Old Way
- Remove the knockouts
- Unscrew nut from the clamp connector
- Insert the clamp connector
- Fasten the clamp connector to the box with the nut
- Insert wire/wires
- Secure wire with the two tightening screws
Note: Hopefully you don’t have to install a reducing washer if the larger knockout hole came loose by accident, which happens all too often.
The Qwik-Grip Way
- Remove tabs
- Insert wire (Pre-bend them as you slide them in)
Note: A shield does need to be installed after all the wires are in place, but that’s only one step per ten (or so) wires.
But how much faster is installing a Square D panel compared to other competing load centers? To find out, Square D partnered with third-party time and motion expert Argent Global to compare Square D load centers to others in the industry. Watch the video above to see the results of this test.