Stuff We Love: Truck Accessories
A well-organized truck is essential for productivity on the job site. Get these truck accessories and you'll waste less time managing those tools and materials in your truck.
Bully Heavy-Duty Truck Bump-Step
- A sturdy, ample step, 19-in. wide and 3-3/4-in. diameter, with an anti-skid step pad;
- Universal fit for 2-in. and 1-1/4-in. hitch receivers (includes reinforced plastic adapter);
- Quick installation; includes plug-and-play wire harness.
My favorite part of this bump-step are the seven LED lights that illuminate with your brakes or emergency flashers. Not only do they provide extra visibility, but they add a nice custom nighttime detail for your vehicle.
Weather Guard Pork Chop Box
Why climb in and out of your truck bed to grab a tool when you can just reach over the side? This "pork chop" box from Weather Guard makes great use of that awkward space in and around your wheel wells. Features include:
- Fits all full-size and some shorter bed pickups;
- Tamper-resistant lock with two keys;
- Ninety degree cover opening for easy access;
- Full weather seal on lid;
- Black powder coat finish or chrome.
The deep part of this box has plenty of room for those essential tools, and it's shallower over-the-wheel extension is a great place to store fasteners. It comes in driver and passenger side models. This is a really smart way to gain some dry and secure storage without sacrificing a lot of space in your truck bed.
We've been using these Titan straps for several weeks now and can't say enough about them. I've never been more confident securing a load of materials than with these straps. They're also great for storing cords and hoses, as well as tying down ladders, tools and materials to your truck racks. Check out the other key features:
- Aircraft aluminum buckle;
- UV resistant polymer strap that's flexible in the cold and chemical resistant;
- Textured for extra grip with cold or wet hands;
- Available in a utility or industrial grade;
- Lengths from nine to 36 inches; easy to join two together if necessary.
These straps are so easy and simple to use. With the logo facing out, just thread them through the buckle, stretch and secure onto the hooked flange. The amount of stretch is perfectly dialed in for a controlled amount of tension. This makes them way safer than any bungee or other stretch style strap.
The guys at Titan say their local Century Link crews have been securing ladders onto their trucks with these straps for seven years. Even with daily use in the hot summers and the sub-zero winters of Bozeman, Mt., the straps are still in great shape. For multiplicity and durability, I don't think you'll find a better strap than a Titan strap.
About Marty Dyck
Marty is a professional woodworker and the owner of Good From Wood, a custom woodworking shop in Stillwater, MN. Specializing in unique vintage barn doors, custom skateboards and other innovative wood products, Marty hopes to always build the piece that everyone talks about. Click the links below to learn more about Marty.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.